• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

IOTAVX SA3 only stereo mode working fine

gomacdub

Hello everyone. It's only my second post here and first problem.
I have IOTAVX SA3/PA3 stack. It's nearly three years old. A few weeks ago I have added a Bluetooth dongle to the SA3 which at first refused to work (my fault, as I bought the NP3 version of the dongle instead of the SA3 version, which apparently are different) After a prompt help from their customer service I managed to update my SA3 software to the latest and voilà! Bluetooth works perfectly.
The problem with SA3 surfaced a few days later. The preamp (SA3-right channel) lost its power in mono/bridged mode. It works fine in stereo mode, where SA3 powers both channels, but in bridged mode the SA3 has nearly zero power. Right speaker barely produces any sound.
To exclude any other equipment failure I've replaced everything. Changed speakers, replaced speaker cables, signal cables, power cables, disconnected Bluetooth. Still nothing. Stereo mode - fine, bridged mode - not fine.
Now, IOTA customer service claims, that they never experienced such failure with SA3 and unfortunately my warranty is gone, so they offered me a brand new SA3 for half the actual price as a gesture towards helping me with the problem (appreciated). I took it, and obviously it's working fine now in bridged mode, and I'm left with my old SA3 that works fine, but only in stereo, which is not bad either as I can give it to my daughter.

But the question, why it's not ok in bridged mode only, stays.

Anyone has any idea?

Regards.

MaxwellsEq

Major Contributor
Without circuit diagrams and a test bench it's impossible to know. But there may be an additional inverter stage used in bridging that has failed.

OP
G

gomacdub

Without circuit diagrams and a test bench it's impossible to know. But there may be an additional inverter stage used in bridging that has failed.
I understand. Thanks for the reply.
As I'm not experienced or equipped sufficiently to check this by myself I'll have to stick to it working in stereo mode only. Fortunately it's still fully functional as an integrated so not completely useless. My daughter will be very happy to have it

Regards and good luck

Top Bottom