• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Interface better than MiniFuse 1? (under 200$) to use with DT770 Pro 250 ohms

OP
x3onmusic

x3onmusic

The problem here is that both the MiniFUSE and any other audio interface that a member of this forum is likely to recommend to you will be an interface which meets the criteria outlined in my first response. Such a recommendation would not be made on the basis of the user's uncontrolled subjective evaluation that it "sounds better". That is not what we do here and it is why you have been asked for specific descriptions and tests; so that we can try to determine what (if anything) might be happening and how to solve your problem. Whether that turns out to be a troublesome connection or otherwise.

Another test that I would suggest performing is the playback of some mono/stereo content such as the video below. If left channel content is audible through the right headphone or vice versa, then we have some idea as to the problem.

Do you think it might be a crosstalk kind of problem?

Maybe if there's any LG v30 audio measurements online available, it can be compared to the ones from the MiniFuse right?

Weeb Labs

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Do you think it might be a crosstalk kind of problem?

Maybe if there's any LG v30 audio measurements online available, it can be compared to the ones from the MiniFuse right?
It is certainly possible that you might have a crosstalk problem and that can be caused by connection issues, so you might want to play that test material on both devices. The G7 with a similar DAC implementation was measured here and there are several interesting settings that might warrant a look. The "DTS:X 3D Surround" function in particular has the potential for significant impact.

OP
x3onmusic

x3onmusic

It is certainly possible that you might have a crosstalk problem and that can be caused by connection issues, so you might want to play that test material on both devices. The G7 with a similar DAC implementation was measured here and there are several interesting settings that might warrant a look. The "DTS:X 3D Surround" function in particular has the potential for significant impact.
I'm using the V30 with custom rom and UAPP with the same files, and same sample rate

It's weird, because, even with SoundWire (app to send audio to the phone via wifi), sounds a bit better than listening directly from the interface

As i said in another answer, i use foobar2000 with the ASIO output extension thing, just to bypass the windows mixer, which i know affects a bit the sound

Maybe finding the same V30 measurements (as V30 and G7 don't sound the same)

OP
x3onmusic

x3onmusic

I'm using the V30 with custom rom and UAPP with the same files, and same sample rate

It's weird, because, even with SoundWire (app to send audio to the phone via wifi), sounds a bit better than listening directly from the interface

As i said in another answer, i use foobar2000 with the ASIO output extension thing, just to bypass the windows mixer, which i know affects a bit the sound

Maybe finding the same V30 measurements (as V30 and G7 don't sound the same)
LG V30 Measurements

MiniFuse 2 Measurements

thanks in advance

OP
x3onmusic

x3onmusic

Here's another measurements of the V30

V30

Top Bottom