• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Interesting Jeff Baxter video

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Interesting discussion about frequency and how music affects our bodies after around 30 minutes. Worthwhile listen overall, though. He's had two interesting careers.

I was interested he was off by an octave when he played A-440. Guitar transposition, man.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Yes he has had an interesting professional life.
... and he is a heck of a guitarist; I am not really qualified to comment on his analyst/consultant business ;)

EVbqaavWkAAS7E9.jpg

PS With his big ol' moustache, Mr. Baxter, arguably, was the most rock and roll lookin' of the 'original' Steely Dan, which was, briefly, almost a conventional rock band. Almost. Kinda. Sorta. ;)

Last edited:

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
He's the guy with the missile defense chops? I remember him more from Doobie Bros....

OP
ahofer

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Denni Dias is also a fantastic guitarist. The most underrated of the Steely Dan guitar solo line up, along with Steve Kahn (solo on My Rival).

Top Bottom