• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of Switches - Is this worthy of a proper response in the form of a YouTube Video of Amir for example???

Stokdoof

Forum Donor
No - but if there were, how would it work.

How would it get from the streamers datacenter to your house without going through dozens of bits of kit that are not audiophile?
I guess it is possible from datacenter to home. Maybe you need an audiophile town with its own datacenter and all internet and power in the street and houses audiophile graded. The point I am trying to make it how crazy these audiophile switches are if you use streaming service.

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
I guess it is possible from datacenter to home. Maybe you need an audiophile town with its own datacenter and all internet and power in the street and houses audiophile graded. The point I am trying to make it how crazy these audiophile switches are if you use streaming service.
It will take an awful lot of cable lifters. :)

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It will take an awful lot of cable lifters. :)
There's an AI image for that :p

_a8076f10-d601-41e9-961a-836e37bf2047.jpeg

khark

It's true that the price is too low for this to gain any traction with the serious audiophile crowd - it won't be talked much in Whatsbest that's for sure.
But you can always add the external Gustard C18 clock for 1,599 credits (matching Gustard BNC cable sold separately for 179 credits)

pma560

An even cheaper solution apparently: a "network filter", 285 euros :oops:

(seeing this in the Beekhuyzen video released today)(didn't want to link it)

There is no explanation about what it does (and the "exploded view" doesn't show any components unfortunately).

In DA conversion, picoseconds are critical (?!)

I don't understand the bit about the quality requirements on buffering.

Svet Angelov

An even cheaper solution apparently: a "network filter", 285 euros :oops:

(seeing this in the Beekhuyzen video released today)(didn't want to link it)

There is no explanation about what it does (and the "exploded view" doesn't show any components unfortunately).

In DA conversion, picoseconds are critical (?!)

I don't understand the bit about the quality requirements on buffering.
Hey now, that's a very good price for placebo, there could've been a zero at the end :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Top Bottom