• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Integrated 2.0/2.1 with ARC?

McFly

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Something I don't see very often and I'm surprised isn't more common is Integrated Amps with ARC. I only know of Naim's 'uniti' range doing it and that was reported to be hit and miss. I have a situation where the Sony TV is used as the source - for Roon, Spotify, Soundcloud, YouTube and normal TV/Netflix etc. Paying for a good AVR seems like overkill as we can only fit 2 stereo speakers in the room so I'm wasting 5 channels. I love the fact that I only need the TV remote to control volume. I don't want the ATC gear in the lounge because it takes up a lot of space and its not ARC capable.

I know - I should be looking at AVR's and I currently have the Sony STR-DN1080, but white it works well, it is nowhere near as clear as my main ATC system. It also crackles around the 13+khz range, i.e. defective. . Before that I tried the Onkyo 8270, which was a LEMON. Nothing worked properly.

I would have thought my situation was more common. Does everyone just cough up the cash for 7.1 channel receivers? Anyone know of anything else I could look at?

OP
McFly

McFly

Addicted to Fun and Learning
One volume control. One remote.

NTK

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The ELAC EA101EQ-G 2.1 channels integrate amp has room EQ. Sorry, I have zero experience with it.

audimus

People either use AVRs or a unified remote with a good amp than depend on ARC with a TV remote.

Top Bottom