• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Insanely Expensive Audio

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
I believe that a day will come when we are simply thinking about specific music recordings, or creating our own, and they'll play wherever we are, with and without headphones. It could come from a super music chip integrated in one earpiece, a pair of glasses, a pair of headphones. Of course it will be wireless, and from a frequency wavelength jitter-free and perfectly noiseless. Just using our thought of the music we like to hear will engage the audio wave to travel to our reproductive speakers transmission or headphones.

Most of us we won't be here, but others will. They'll be right there, in their own now.

Audio transmission and music reproduction is prehistoric today as compared to what people will be living three hundred years from now...in the year 2318.

The best is yet to come. For now we are listening to Debussy's "Nuit d'étoiles".

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
North

Indeed the best is yet to come. I am willing however to bet my recently won lotto ticket ;) that this TT is not that. The lipstick on a pig metaphor comes to mind....Sorry ... Not entirely accurate but I am sure you got the idea.

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I believe that a day will come when we are simply thinking about specific music recordings, or creating our own, and they'll play wherever we are, with and without headphones. It could come from a super music chip integrated in one earpiece, a pair of glasses, a pair of headphones. Of course it will be wireless, and from a frequency wavelength jitter-free and perfectly noiseless. Just using our thought of the music we like to hear will engage the audio wave to travel to our reproductive speakers transmission or headphones.

Most of us we won't be here, but others will. They'll be right there, in their own now.

Audio transmission and music reproduction is prehistoric today as compared to what people will be living three hundred years from now...in the year 2318.

The best is yet to come. For now we are listening to Debussy's "Nuit d'étoiles".

It's conceivable to me that ultimately there will be no acoustic component in audio reproduction at all.

Rather, the reproduction system will function entirely at a neurological level.

TBone

Major Contributor
A "better" has come and is widely available it is called CD. It is being replaced/superseded by downloads.

Which "better" do you refer, certainly not the vast treasures of available CD re-masters with <DR9 content?

NorthSky

Major Contributor
It's conceivable to me that ultimately there will be no acoustic component in audio reproduction at all.

Rather, the reproduction system will function entirely at a neurological level.

Sony with its last two OLED TVs uses the panel for sound.
In our homes we all have windows to look outside, to let the sunshine in, to open when it's hot inside, to let the fresh air in, to close when it's cold, to clean when it's dirty...it's our lense to the outside, it's the future sound reproduction in our homes and in our cars, perhaps?
___

* Mr. Frantz, I'm not a gambler, I'm a visionary, a thinker, a mortal living today.
The sensual pleasures of sweet music to human ears will expand outside the confinement of acoustically tuned rooms without views outside its walls.

The trends on how we play and listen to music will change, revolutionize and improve auditory emotional satisfaction. Today's reality is tomorrow's expansion.
Sharing music will no longer happen in audio/music forums but in real time from syncing our thoughts to songs with others.

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm waiting for the day when we can all upgrade our inferior poor persons neurological audio implants to hand made audiophile ones inserted by golden eared audiophile neuroquackologist and then upgrade to the latest 248bit 9 trillion GHz DAC after 6 weeks and then die because we made the mistake of buying a Schiit one which shorts out and fries our brains. The futures bright!!

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Sony with its last two OLED TVs uses the panel for sound.
In our homes we all have windows to look outside, to let the sunshine in, to open when it's hot inside, to let the fresh air in, to close when it's cold, to clean when it's dirty...it's our lense to the outside, it's the future sound reproduction in our homes and in our cars, perhaps?
That is what the people at NXT who patented the technology hoped but it didn't work out very well. Peaky response even with very carefully positioned multiple exciters, little bass unless the panel was vast and very low sensitivity when used on most household objects meant the use of household surroundings (tables, windows, bookcases) didn't work very well at all. The patents have expired now so a few more people will have a go again. I wish them luck.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I believe that a day will come when we are simply thinking about specific music recordings, or creating our own, and they'll play wherever we are, with and without headphones.

I would think many of us can do that now. Probably you too.

How would a musician (when not sight reading) be able to play (a known piece or improvised), if not for the ability to be "simply thinking about specific music"?

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

I have no idea why people think that I am pessimistic about the future! :(

But unless humans change their ways with respect to population levels, energy sources, and anthropogenic global warming / climate change, a dystopia future is more likely.

Dystopian Future Music.jpg

TBone

Major Contributor

I'm pessimistic, hence I was quite surprised, and quite happy, that for the very first time in well over a decade, after witnessing various fish, animal and insect populations plummet, some to near non-existent, I've seen a bit of reversal this year, especially an obvious increase in the amphibian population (very sensitive to water pollutions) in these hills, plus far more butterflies and various good insects (more bad ticks, unfortunately).

One can only hope ...

NorthSky

Major Contributor
That is what the people at NXT who patented the technology hoped but it didn't work out very well. Peaky response even with very carefully positioned multiple exciters, little bass unless the panel was vast and very low sensitivity when used on most household objects meant the use of household surroundings (tables, windows, bookcases) didn't work very well at all. The patents have expired now so a few more people will have a go again. I wish them luck.

It's only for TV listening, like the news and sports. The bass module is integrated in the rear pedestal. For serious movie watching you use a real surround sound system, a soundbar, with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.

Many reviewers like that feature from Sony OLED, and are quite surprised by its sound quality.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
I would think many of us can do that now. Probably you too.

How would a musician (when not sight reading) be able to play (a known piece or improvised), if not for the ability to be "simply thinking about specific music"?

You are right Ray; we are getting closer and closer to improving that existing reality.

* When I posted I was wondering if someone would mention it; something in the very same line as you just did. I'm not too surprised that it's you; your IQ is superior to most.

NorthSky

Major Contributor

But unless humans change their ways with respect to population levels, energy sources, and anthropogenic global warming / climate change, a dystopia future is more likely.

View attachment 15124

Lol, I don't want to get banned by going off topic. I could write a book or two about it.

Last edited:
OP
Ron Texas

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Complete system, only $2mil.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Roughly $143,000 USD.
* In Canadian dollars it's best to go on vacation in Rio.

https://www.dagogo.com/audio-note-m9-riaa-signature-phono-stage-review-part-1/

They need a better casing to eliminate any potential ringing.
What a total ripoff, who they think we are! A bunch of oil magnates? ...Magnets.
Oh yeah, it sounds luminus, superculus, fabulus, magicus, ethereaus.
Brian Ferry that's exactly what he wanted us to sound like to hear what he sounded like.

I should apply for a job @ Disney...CEO investment movie magic strategic department...Star Wars next trilogy.

** Frantz, your take?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Roughly $143,000 USD.
* In Canadian dollars it's best to go on vacation in Rio.

https://www.dagogo.com/audio-note-m9-riaa-signature-phono-stage-review-part-1/

They need a better casing to eliminate any potential ringing.
What a total ripoff, who they think we are! A bunch of oil magnates? ...Magnets.
Oh yeah, it sounds luminus, superculus, fabulus, magicus, ethereaus.
Brian Ferry that's exactly what he wanted us to sound like to hear what he sounded like.

I should apply for a job @ Disney...CEO investment movie magic strategic department...Star Wars next trilogy.

** Frantz, your take?
The only time I read a review of an AN product with measurements the conclusion was "does this sound fabulous because of the poor measurements or despite them?"
My bet is the former.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
It is one of the cheapest looking designs I have ever laid eyes on in the High end audio business. The casing is like my Sony remote control casing.

It's funny; the review said they use the top best parts. And looking @ the connectors back there, that don't look top parts my axe. The front is ugly, dysfunctional, repugnant for a $143,000 audio component. There ought to be laws on what you can sell for human audio consumption.

cjfrbw

Everybody knows that it takes a minimum of $500,000.00 to "get out of the way of the music". Nothing less will do.

Top Bottom