• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I'm fine, right?

rexbinary

Since looking into DAC/Amps in the last month I've purchased a FIIO KA5, K11, and KA17. (K17 is still on a boat.) Also, a second pair of DT 990s and a ModMic for my gaming PC to use with my K11. (Maybe I should have gotten the K7...) Yesterday I ordered a pair of Moondrop CHU II and then after looking further like within the next 10 minutes I purchased a pair of Aira2 IMEs. Tonight, I have been looking at the FIIO R9...

So, I'm sure I'm fine and this won't lead to many more purchases, right? Like living room speakers.......hmmmm :p

Last edited:

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Moondrop Chu II have fun bass, not as bright as the DT990 (I've got two of the black edition 990's). My daily drivers are the Hifiman HE5xx and 7hz Salnotes Zero:2 and wouldn't trade them for anything else in the price range. I had a couple of Modmics, but then switched to a simple lavalier/lapel microphone with extension cable that clips on a shirt since I rarely use it.

Peterinvan

I returned the KA17 and got the K7 (with a LPS). It suits my desktop use better and the sound profile fits my ears better (I prefer not to use EQ).

I have a KA3 and Cayin RU6 dongles for the portable use cases.

Sokel

Master Contributor
Light meals,longs walks and good sleep.

Top Bottom