• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ifi DC iPurifier Power Filter Review

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
It's a fact that higher end equipment can be sensitive to interference

That sentence seems completely upside down to me o_O

If I pay through the nose for a piece of gear, it better be as immune to interference as modern technology can possibly make it.

I don't understand why good gear should be more sensitive to anything. Sounds more like a free pass for incompetent engineers to build stuff, as long as they label it "High-End"(no offence).

Somehow the industry has convinced people that "High-End" means gear that indiscriminately reveals everything, including its own weaknesses. Makes no sense to me. Good engineering pushes the weaknesses below audibility and leaves the rest alone.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
That sentence seems completely upside down to me o_O

If I pay through the nose for a piece of gear, it better be as immune to interference as modern technology can possibly make it.

I don't understand why good gear should be more sensitive to anything. Sounds more like a free pass for incompetent engineers to build stuff, as long as they label it "High-End"(no offence).

Somehow the industry has convinced people that "High-End" means gear that indiscriminately reveals everything, including its own weaknesses. Makes no sense to me. Good engineering pushes the weaknesses below audibility and leaves the rest alone.
As ever we are of one mind ;-)

Top Bottom