• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Id4 mk2, focusrite 2i2 gen 3, behringer umc202hd. What is the best adc?

Jim_VN

I am looking for a interface that owns the best adc and micro preamp. Are there any comparisons between these interfaces? Thank you very much!

SDC

Not sure about first two but you can draw behringer out...

Zensō

Major Contributor

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
ID4 MkII is using a higher-grade ADC (ES9822PRO these days - I think Julian still measured the older AKM-equipped version, yay for the chip crisis), though the Scarlett is putting up a good fight for having a trusty old CS4272 codec.

Preamp wise, I suspect much the same applies.

Keep in mind that iD4 MkII is "1 mic/line +1 inst (guitar)" in, while 2i2 is "2x mic/line/inst" in, so they are functionally different. The iD4 instrument input is very much an effects thing and not of very much use for other things than a guitar.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
If you can swing it, the Motu M4 would appear the best bet on the ADC side. Otherwise maybe the 2i2 is the tiny bit better by Amir's review results. Not a big difference otherwise (except skip the Behringer). I believe the limited inputs on the iD4 might be a bother to you at times.

Top Bottom