• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I suffer from a few second static buzz

Voo

in headphone every so often...laptop usb out to topping d10->toslink->enog pro2 dac->xlr->thxaaa789->headphones
Is this caused by laptop/usb noise? power cables crossing? something else? this happened with a signstek usb/spdif converter also so I bought the topping but didnt solve issue?

OP
V

Voo

most yellow bars and a few large red bars

OP
V

Voo

could it be the dac or grounding issue?

Guermantes

If DPC Latency Checker has some red bars, then there may be some device driver on your (Windows) laptop that is the problem. It could be the network adapter or even the display adapter. You can disable devices in Device Manager until DPC shows no red bars to identify what it is -- this method is explained in the Thesycon link: http://www.thesycon.com/eng/latency_check.shtml . The fact that two USB devices have had this problem seems to indicate that there is an issue in your Windows installation or possibly in the bios.

I have had problems with video card drivers in the past. Try updating the driver for your display chipset on the laptop or Google to find if there are other users who have had a similar problem.

Also, not all USB ports have equal performance on the same machine. Have you tried all the ports on your laptop?

OP
V

Voo

no I havent. thank you. I will try the drivers disabled and other ports. I checked all the cables and power cords yesterday.

Top Bottom