• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hypothetical connecting 2 Minidsp flex

312elements

Most of the posts I’ve read regarding using two minidsp’s simultaneously blame asynchronous usb as being the reason it won’t work well.

Has anyone tried using a WiiM pro with a toslink splitter? I know that this is an edge case scenario, but figured it couldn’t hurt to ask. The WiiM has the steamer functionality, toslink input, and digital input so it checks all of my needs. Bonus that it would apparently also act as digital volume control.

So theoretically it seems like it should work. Any thoughts?

staticV3

Master Contributor
A Flex Eight or HT/HTx would be a lot more convenient I imagine.

OP
312elements

312elements

A Flex Eight or HT/HTx would be a lot more convenient I imagine.
I’ve got a flex balanced already hence why I didn’t opt for that painfully obvious suggestion.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Yes, a Toslink splitter should work fine.

Still, instead of buying a second Flex Bal, I'd just sell the first one and upgrade to the HTx.

It has multichannel input, eight Bal outputs, and you don't have to juggle the DSP on two different units.

OP
312elements

312elements

Nobody mentioned it, but logic would suggest that controlling the volume with the Wiim to be a bad idea (reduced signal prior to DSP). Instead it would seem that using an IR repeater with the minidsp remote would be a much better way to control the volume while keeping the minidsp units in sync (volume). I think this is going to be a nice solution to the problem.

Top Bottom