• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to make i2s port in smsl do200 mkii work.

makokak

I am trying to audio from insigna firetv through hdmi (arc) port to smsl do200 mkii i2s port, the dac say no signal.

i configured tv audio out to hdmi arc or toslink optical. HDMI cable is the only cable available at the moment.

i set to PCM, Dolby, or Auto to no success.

is there any configuration needed to be done to DAC side for this port to work?

scrubb

Forum Donor
As I understand it, I2S is meant to be an internal board to board connection. There is no standardized I2S external connector format. When manufacturers provide it as an external connection point they use HDMI ports as a convenience because it's commonly available has enough pins. Be aware that I2S is not HDMI even though it uses the same connector. It sounds like you are trying to connect a standard HDMI port on your TV to an I2S connection. They are incompatible.

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
i set to PCM, Dolby, or Auto to no success.
Very few stand-alone DACs can decode Dolby or DTS, or even MP3. But with the right CODECs or software your computer can decode anything to PCM so if your source is a computer you can play it through any DAC (or soundcard).

I don't know much about I2S and I don't have anything with (external) I2S connections. About the "last thing" I need is another connection/interface standard....

Top Bottom