• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to integrate 2ch stereo into soundbar for HT?

winsmyton

I have soundbar for movie, quite happy but since left/right mains are too close, I am thinking if there is a simple device or maybe PC/Mac solution, so I can use my music 2CH system (floor standing speakers) to enhance left/right main?

The Soundbar only have HDMI inputs (for DTS/Dolby digital decoding), 2CH stereo has DAC which has spdif RCA and optical inputs.

I hope the device or software isn't too expensive (maybe up to $1500-2000?)

Thanks.

LouB

Can of worms, and if I understand your question you want better movie sound but still want to use your soundbar ? There are devices that will decode dolby into 2 channel but none I've seen that will work with a soundbar & a 2 chanel system.. If your gonna spend 2K why not just get an AV amp, center channel speaker, a sub and ditch the soundbar. If movie sound is your priority it's the best option.
Due to a move & no room for center or rear speakers, I ended up ditching a very nice 5.1 system for 2 channel TV/movie sound and it sounds pretty good, TV/movie sound is not my priority.
Using a Marantz model 40 with EARC input from TV, no center speaker & I don't miss it.

Top Bottom