• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

how to build my own NC500 mono amp?

Sipping1s&0s

Hi,

I am new here and audiophile is my hobby. I would like to learn how to build my own NC500 Mono amp.

I have solder things in the past. I maintained my car, replaced spark plugs, cables, and etc. I am pretty good when there is clear and easy to understand instructions; just liked everyone. :)

Is there good kits being sold with good instruction? I do like to keep the cost down for this kind of project. If it cost more than buying, I could have just bought one that is ready made and tear it down and build it back. But, that isn't really the experience I am after.

Thanks for your help.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Such build-your-own audio hardware also require proper 'tools' that are specific for working with electronics.
A 100W soldering-iron or any regular household (or even garage) tools just will not suffice.
I pride myself in possessing the proper 'tools' for projects I take on.
Unfortunately, neither a proper lathe or a quality welding rig has ever been part of my tool-set.:(
Thus, I also enjoy a healthy dose of McGyver'ing stuff with minimal use of power tools.

It should be mentioned that some BYO audio projects can be as simple as an Ikea futon build.

Top Bottom