• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to Build a Home Theater with Vividstorm Screen and Laser UST Projector?

VSKP2004

Hi, there!
I am going to build a home Theater.
I am looking at VAVA laser UST projector and Vividstorm screen recently.
I saw a lot of review video about Vividstorm screen on Youtube.
The introduction is quite good, the picture is clear and Vivid.
I saw there are sell on Amazon and Alibaba and some other shop.
Is there anybody who buy it from China directly?
Do you have experience to share?
Thank you!

Attachments

• a8af05d9f29852907c91f34a9280f72.jpg
    a8af05d9f29852907c91f34a9280f72.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 147

tifune

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I recently bought a VividStorm 120" UST screen. it raises up from the floor, probably exact same one in your photo. A bit of a warning, I don't know a single thing about projectors, screens, etc. I just read a lot of reviews saying the Samsung 130" UST is one of the best options available for home use, and the VividStorm screen fit my requirements. There were literally no other options for 120" retractable UST ALR screen, that's why I went with them.

I had a few Q's for their support and they answered all of them within 1 business day. The screen itself became recessed on one side when it was closed. They did offer to replace it for free but said it wouldn't affect the performance or warranty so I didn't bother. They gave me a small refund to compensate. I attached photos so you can see - it's very subtle. Cosmetically I don't care at all, I was only concerned it may have some strange effect on the motor over time.

Performance wise, it looks great. no complaints at all. again, this area is not my forte. I thought it'd be fun to use for family game/movie nights, which tend to increase during Jan-March when winter in chicago is brutal. Now my friends are all scheduling movie nights at my house :) Last weekend Dune, next weekend Candyman, then Matrix 4 whenever that comes out... I'm not a big movie person these days, I actually built the whole thing because I kept hearing how great Auro-3D is (it's true) and by the time I was done setting up 11 speakers + 2 subs, our 'regular' TV looked absolutely ridiculous in the midst of it all so we upgraded. yes, i'm very fortunate to have such "problems"

don't have any photos of the end result, but attached is midway through before I started setting up height speakers.

Attachments

• 20210916_052641.jpg
    20210916_052641.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 138
  • 20210916_052701.jpg
    20210916_052701.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 148
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    298.5 KB · Views: 152
OP
V

VSKP2004

Hi

Thank you so much for your kindly reply and suggestion.
Here is a new model called VAVA chrome.
Between the two brands of VAVA and Samsung, I am still a little bit hesitant.
But i can sure that i will go for a Vividstorm 120 inch S pro floor rising screen.
I will double check with the supplier about the quality before placing an order.
And i also find the price is difference on Amazon and Alibaba.
Thank you very much for your reply, which gives me a lot of confidence.

By the way, your home is really beautiful and has a great design.
Maybe you can share more beautiful pictures here with your screen.

Thank you so much!

Top Bottom