• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Holes in the frequencies of my audio system: 220 hz and 520 hz too low.

soundbunny

I have a problem with the 220 hz and 520 hz frequencies in my car audio system (look only at the red line). The reason I measured the frequency response is that I felt the mids were empty and too distant, especially in male vocals like PoSt Malone and The Weeknd. After the music I raised the 500 HZ and 200 HZ but the new measurements always show those gaps.

This is the calibration audio used:
Smartphone mic (S23 Ultra) + Spectroid Android App

Do you have some insights to fix this?

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
Narrow-band errors, especially dips, can be "difficult". But narrow dips usually don't sound too bad.

After the music I raised the 500 HZ and 200 HZ...
What are you using for equalization?

Parametric equalization can make a more-narrow boost-band, but you have to be careful boosting because you can clip (distort) the digital signal or the analog. Most PEQ software has a "preamp" feature to bring-down the overall level, but then it might be too quiet.

To me, it looks like lowering the bass would help (because you have a bump it makes the mids & highs relatively stronger).

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I use the pre amp feature to a large degree due to my calibration of the PEQ. One can see it here.>
- B.png

OP
soundbunny

soundbunny

This is the eq system in my car (not my setup, just to show the kind of system I have).
5g10aU.md.jpg

I'm using a subwoofer too, that's because you see a big bump in the lows in the graphs.

Overall, in addition to the two shortcomings in the 220 and 520 frequencies, where is the problem in the mids that I hear? I can't find it by turning up the individual values on the EQ.

Top Bottom