• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hifiman Arya Stealth measuring 45 ohms?

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I recently bought a claimed Hifiman Arya Stealth and it sounds good (have had the regular one) but on the multimeter it measures 45 ohms. I've calibrated this with other headphones and the meter is always accurate. Also I tried two cables, a factory Hifiman and Hart Cables and both read the same. This happened with an HE4xx which didn't match the specs on the box as well a long times ago. Visually they look the same, this weighs 404g so that checked out. Even the V1 specs are 35 ohm, has anyone seen these be that far off? Trying to figure out if it's a flaw or production change to cause that much variance.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
The specs on the hifiman website and even box are often off, sometimes even substantially.
The meter will give you the correct value.
Don't worry if the measurements differ per channel a bit and differ from the official numbers

Last edited:
Top Bottom