• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help needed with buying a new avr for 4.1 setup with high end speakers

Uniqued

So I’m currently using a 4.1 system. Probably won’t need more channels atm. Maybe will go for 4.1.2/4.1.4 in the future or 6.2. Depends on WAF.

Atm I’m using denon 1300x which only have Multeq xt... with Kef reference 1 meta as front, ls50 as surround and B&W DB1D as subwoofer.
I’m a slow upgrader, so I want an avr that will last and take the most out of my speakers, but with a tight budget.
I’m using the app for the denon, and managed to get great results, but I’m looking for more, and better bass management.

Looking for recommendations up to 2000$.
After some research, my main contenders are denon 3800 and onkyo tx-rz50.
Looked also at denon 4800 (which might be too pricey for me.. ) and arcam avr11..

open for more suggestions.

I care very much about stereo performance!

I’m 50/50 movies and music. (That’s why I made my dream make true and got the reference)

Thanks in advance.

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Get the Denon 3800 and when Dirac ART becomes mainstream in like 5+ years do another upgrade then.

It's the same AVR that i'm thinking of buying.

quattro98

Forum Donor
Instead of specific recommendations, I'd also consider used equipment. I'm not sure where you're located, but someone might have experience with local options for you.

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Since your 1300 is still doing the job for you, wait until the 3800 or 4800 goes on sale.

Top Bottom