• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help: Bluesound node 2i + genelec SAM speakers

realdb

Does digital volume control work in Bluesound 2i, the reason being I want to connect it digitally with Genelec 8330. I recently bought Denon heos link hs2. Butt sadly it does not change output volume in digital mode. Looking for something I can control 8330 volume using app. My main use case is streaming spotify or amazon hd.

roog

Forum Donor
I use a Bluesound Node 2i in my system, I normally use the node 2i with fixed digital output into my RME ADI-2 DAC fs feeding my power amp and passive speakers and use the volume control in the RME, however, I have tried the node 2i directly into my power amp and the digital volume and tone controls in the node 2i work fine, I just prefer the presentation of the RME and the flexible parametric EQ. It incorporate.

Chris M

I have a bluesound Node 2i and operate it on Hypex FA 123 modules that control my active speakers from ADW, Acoustic Design Wohlgemuth via RCA 75 Ohm cables. The digital volume control of the bluesound works great and is wonderfully loud and quiet. I don't know whether and to what extent this volume control is lossy. In this way, the complete conversion takes place directly in the hypex module.

Top Bottom