• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

headphones for films

musica

headphones for films
looking for immersive headphones to listen to films on my lg oled tv
advice

staticV3

Master Contributor
Budget? Do you want noise isolation? Wireless (Bluetooth), or traditional wired?

OP
M

musica

about 200euro
I know nothing about the various types, so I rely on you

Last edited:
OP
M

musica

presence of other people in the house

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
headphones for films
looking for immersive headphones to listen to films on my lg oled tv
advice
Not really in budget but will mention anyway… Apple Airpod Max. At our vacation house we have an Apple TV 4k and was stream a movie and thought I would try the headphones I brought. Changed the temp output to the AirPod Max and was quite impressed. Sounded really great to me.

OP
M

musica

I want to hear dialogue, ambient sounds and powerful explosions coming from all directions

solderdude

Grand Contributor
When you want to hear directional queues you will need some processing or some headphone that does 7.1 surround simulation (think headphones suited for gaming)

You would want a closed headphone in any case... if only for the explosions. Also when you do not plan to EQ you will need a headphone with boosted bass.

Wireless an option ?

If wired how long does the cable have to be ?

OP
M

musica

the headset must be connected to the TV
perhaps better Wireless?

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
the headset must be connected to the TV
perhaps better Wireless?
If you’re looking for a simple solution with incredible functionality and pretty good sound. Pair in an Apple TV unit and the newer AirPod Pros. The simulated surround sound is pretty darn good. This combination works seamlessly and performs perfectly. AirPod Pros (2nd Gen) have some of the best noise cancellation available and have very good audio quality. You can add a second set of AirPods and a friend or family member can hear and see the same content at the same time.

melvinjames

Forum Donor
Timely topic for me. I'll be moving from a single-family house to an apartment in the near future and I want to have all my music and video bases covered. I already have some over-ear wired headphones I'm happy with but wanted a wireless option so I took a chance on the new AirPod Pro (USB-C), which should arrive today. The price was right - $50 off MSRP via Apple's Amazon store. I plan on using them with an Apple TV 4K and am hoping for a decent experience, especially for video.

Good luck with your search @musica.

melvinjames

Forum Donor
If you’re looking for a simple solution with incredible functionality and pretty good sound. Pair in an Apple TV unit and the newer AirPod Pros. The simulated surround sound is pretty darn good. This combination works seamlessly and performs perfectly. AirPod Pros (2nd Gen) have some of the best noise cancellation available and have very good audio quality. You can add a second set of AirPods and a friend or family member can hear and see the same content at the same time.

This is encouraging!

AdamG

Forum Donor
This is encouraging!
I use the exact same equipment for watching tv/movies at night so not to bother the Wife. I love the simplicity of how the kit just works and the sound is great. Fantastic Spatial Audio is better than I thought it could be. Apple did one hell of a job with this. I remain beyond satisfied.

melvinjames

Forum Donor
I use the exact same equipment for watching tv/movies at night so not to bother the Wife. I love the simplicity of how the kit just works and the sound is great. Fantastic Spatial Audio is better than I thought it could be. Apple did one hell of a job with this. I remain beyond satisfied.
Thanks for sharing this Adam. I've only read about Spatial Audio and am looking forward the experience.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Does that combo do the lip sync automatically?

OP
M

musica

I don't want to buy an apple tv, just a good surround headphone

staticV3

Master Contributor
I don't want to buy an apple tv, just a good surround headphone
If you want good surround sound without any lip sync issues, then I don't think you have another option that's even close to your budget.

AdamG

Forum Donor
Does that combo do the lip sync automatically?
I don’t know but streaming many shows and movies I have never experienced lip sync problems.

OP
M

musica

I have difficulty wearing AirPod (infantile cerebral palsy)

Last edited:
Top Bottom