• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Headphone listening

dtomamichel

I have a Topping DX3pro+ which I send my flac files via bluetooth from Samsung S23Ultra. Would I have better sound if I use the c to usb? Any help would be appreciated

JSmith

Master Contributor
via bluetooth from Samsung S23Ultra
Using what BT codec?

Whilst LDAC is likely transparent audibility wise, it is still technically lossy compression.
Bluetooth 5.0 LDAC
Hi-Res Audio Wireless and LDAC are supported with a Qualcomm QCC5152 chip. Unlike other DACs that decode Bluetooth codecs with the Bluetooth chip, the DX3 Pro+ uses the ESS ES9038Q2M chip for decoding for even better performance.

JSmith

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I have a Topping DX3pro+ which I send my flac files via bluetooth from Samsung S23Ultra. Would I have better sound if I use the c to usb?
The S23Ultra is using the newest Bluetooth CODECS I read. They are supposed to be very good. I use them with my Buds 2 Pro earbuds and it sounds fantastic. Otherwise if you are a purist the USB-C or USB will be technically better but not sure if you can hear that difference.

OP
D

dtomamichel

The S23Ultra is using the newest Bluetooth CODECS I read. They are supposed to be very good. I use them with my Buds 2 Pro earbuds and it sounds fantastic. Otherwise if you are a purist the USB-C or USB will be technically better but not sure if you can hear that difference.
Thanks

Top Bottom