• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Headphone EQ Suggestions

Dreyfus

@thewas_:
That would be an option. But I doubt it will get released any time soon.

@mitchco:
Impulcifer is a great tool!
I have already used it to capture PRIRs of my desktop speakers and calibrate my over ears. But I could never get the timbre right. It needs a lot of tweaking to sound real, at least in my case.

Things changed when I tried the beta of Griesinger's loudness matching tool. The immersion and room feel improved drastically! As if I was actually listening to my loudpseakers. That's why I asked for other tools that can accomplish that. The beta mentioned is still fiddly to use, and has some minor bugs.

Redscape sounds interesting, as well. I will try that out!

OP
Berwhale

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Since I now have EqualizerAPO and PEACE setup on my desktop, I finally got around to using REW and my UMIK-1 to EQ my desktop setup. I found the following Youtube video easy to follow for a novice like myself...

This is the result of my first attempt...

1582212773679.png

I guess I need to remeasure with the EQ applied to see the actual effect, but i've run out of time to play today. Subjectively, it sounds good!

Dreyfus

Julian Krause's video is a nice tutorial, indeed! I have used it a few times in the past, with quite pleasing results.
But how does this apply to the headphone topic ... ?

Maybe you wanna continue by matching your headphone to your loudspeakers? :p

OP
Berwhale

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
But how does this apply to the headphone topic ... ?

I setup EqualizerAPO/PEACE for headphone EQ. I got comfortable with setting/importing PEQ settings and creating shortcuts to easily switch between them. I then realised that I was halfway to EQing my desktop speakers, so I invested some time in learning to do so with REW. I quite like the fact that this approach has broken down the learning and effort into small chunks. Plus, i'm the OP, so it's my prerogative! :)

Nice desktop shortcuts in Winstep Nexus (orange, purple and green icons are the profiles for my headphones):

1582216743611.png

Maybe you wanna continue by matching your headphone to your loudspeakers?

Yes, I think so. I will take a look at the video.

Last edited:
Top Bottom