• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Headphone Amp + DAC + EQ shelving

Timbo2

Do you have a 3D printer, roughly 20 hours of machine time and about $15US worth of plastic? If so you might be interested in this.

IMG_20210330_121206.jpg
IMG_20210329_141706.jpg
IMG_20210329_130658.jpg

The design came from Thingiverse - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4602320 . It was designed for IoT devices and home routers and switches and the like. For my application simply scaling it to 85% made it fit the JDS Atom just about perfectly. I decided to keep all the shelves the same height so I could rearrange the components if wanted to do so. There are no source CAD files included, but it you are handy with the slicer and some basic Tinkercad you could adapt it to fit most components. My only complaint is that the holes are undersized and I had to drill them all out after printing. My printer is generally pretty accurate on sizing so my guess is that it is the design itself.

I'm actually quite happy with the way it turned out.

Top Bottom