• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

HDMI to HDMI and TOSLINK audiok

dguillor

Forum Donor
I have a system that consists of a Roku Express connected to a TV. The TOSLINK audio from the TV is connected to the TOSLINK input of a minidsp Flex 8 which controls an active crossover loudspeaker system. With this I can listen to the TV show on the stereo or stream from my phone via Airplay. However, I have found that in either mode the right speaker is much louder than the left. If I stream via Bluetooth from my phone to the Flex 8, I don’t have the problem. It seems that the TV is defective or that there’s an incompatibility. I am thinking that, if I use a device that I connect the HDMI from the Roku and an HDMI output from this device to the TV and a TOSLINK output from the device to the Flex 8, it should solve the problem. I see some devices like that on Amazon, but I am concerned about their reliability. Any suggestions? Thanks for your time.

staticV3

Master Contributor
I'm using this one and it works just fine, for about six months now:

The analog output is trash but there's no need to use it. Digital output is perfect.

OP
D

dguillor

Forum Donor
I'm using this one and it works just fine, for about six months now:

The analog output is trash but there's no need to use it. Digital output is perfect.
Thanks. It looks great, and I ordered one.

OP
D

dguillor

Forum Donor
Just as a follow up. I bought it, and it solved the problem.

Top Bottom