• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

HD600 Qudelix custom cable

Not dave

Hi all,
I have a Qudelix with HD600 and looking for some advice on replacing the cable. The standard cable is about half a mile long, and along with the 3.5mm adapter is quite heavy and cumbersome.
I'd like to make the headphones feel wireless, perhaps velcro'ing or cable tying the Qudelix to the headband. TO do this neatly I need to replace the cable, but having gone down the rabbit hole of aftermarket cables am unsure on what to buy.
I dont need to upgrade the cable, I'm more than happy with the performance. But it seems its difficulty to get a reasonably priced custom cable here in the UK.
Has anybody done this with the HD600s and Qudelix (or similar)?
Has anybody got any suggestions for a reasonable custom cable?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi all,
I have a Qudelix with HD600 and looking for some advice on replacing the cable. The standard cable is about half a mile long, and along with the 3.5mm adapter is quite heavy and cumbersome.
I'd like to make the headphones feel wireless, perhaps velcro'ing or cable tying the Qudelix to the headband. TO do this neatly I need to replace the cable, but having gone down the rabbit hole of aftermarket cables am unsure on what to buy.
I dont need to upgrade the cable, I'm more than happy with the performance. But it seems its difficulty to get a reasonably priced custom cable here in the UK.
Has anybody done this with the HD600s and Qudelix (or similar)?
Has anybody got any suggestions for a reasonable custom cable?
Cant give a specific recommendation but if you find a decent one, do yourself a favour and get it with a 2.5mm balanced plug

unpluggged

gallionetech

I have a HD600 cable from this seller, it’s really nice because it’s super thin and feels like it’s “not there”. I personally prefer paracord cables. He ships out super fast from my experience.

MayaTlab

Addicted to Fun and Learning

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Hart Audio Cables for Sennheiser with balanced 2.5mm adapter:

IMG_7380.jpeg

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For custom ones I use Hart Cables or Audiophileninja just for the quality, they sound identical. Budget ones like Youkamoo are good and cheap if you like the design and length. Those should be available anywhere.

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I like the Hart Audio cables. Get the shortest 2.5mm balanced https://hartaudiocables.com/collections/interconnects/products/ic-4-2-5mm-trrs and the 18" split for Senns https://hartaudiocables.com/collect...roducts/hc-5-dual-senn?variant=32174648393809. Now you can use different headphones/cables with the Qudelix if needed--just buy the appropriate split cable.

I wish there was a solution that was fixed for source end, and had changeable interconnects at the headphone end, so I can keep one cable connected to the amp on my desk and change the headphones as needed.

Brianc

I wish there was a solution that was fixed for source end, and had changeable interconnects at the headphone end, so I can keep one cable connected to the amp on my desk and change the headphones as needed.
That's what I linked to, if I understand you correctly.

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That's what I linked to, if I understand you correctly.
What I was able to find on the link you shared was fixed headphone cables with changeable source ends. What I was thinking of was a fixed source end with changeble headphone ends. E.g. a 4 pin Male XLR cable ending with two seperate 3 pin mini XLR connectors which I can keep connected to the amp at all times, and comes with different type of interconnects to convert these mini XLRs to 3.5mm, Sennheiser etc.

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Something like this but for HoDo600 no? I would love to have sth like that as well, but not aware of any ready made solution. - let me know please if you find one.

Top Bottom