• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Having trouble switching outputs with M400 DAC + SP200 AMP

malevich244

Switching outputs was very easy with the M500, but I am not having the same luck with the M400 and SP200 Amp.

I use my HD800's and my Edifier S2000Pro speakers with the M400 and SP200. I want to switch outputs between my headphones and my speakers, but I haven't found a way to do this with the M400.

When I hit the function button on the M500, it allows me to seamlessly switch between HP and LINE output. But with the M400, it just goes to Bluetooth "Searching" and never stops... I want to disable bluetooth completely but I have no idea how.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Please tell us the input for the M400, and how your speakers and SP200 are connected to the M400.

OP
M

malevich244

Please tell us the input for the M400, and how your speakers and SP200 are connected to the M400.
I have the M400 input connected via USB from my computer. I have XLR output to my SP200 Amp and RCA output to my Edifier S2000Pro speakers. I'm unable to switch between RCA and XLR output.

I am having the exact same problem with the M500 (can't switch between RCA and XLR output), but at least I can still use both my speakers and headphones because the M500 has a headphone port.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I have the M400 connected via USB from my computer. I have XLR output to my SP200 Amp and RCA output to my Edifier S2000Pro speakers. I'm unable to switch between RCA and XLR output.

I am having the exact same problem with the M500 (can't switch between RCA and XLR output), but at least I can still use both my speakers and headphones because the M500 has a headphone port.
You can't. Both sets of rear outputs do so simultaneously. On most dual output DACs this is the case. You'd need to mute(or turn off) the other amp /speaker.

OP
M

malevich244

You can't. Both sets of rear outputs do so simultaneously. On most dual output DACs this is the case. You'd need to mute(or turn off) the other amp /speaker.
Thank you. It looks like I'm going to get the Topping D90 so I can change output.

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Another solution is an amp with pass thru or pre amp function so you can connect your speakers to the Amp instead of the DAC, and switch between headphone and speakers via the Amp. SP200 doesn’t have either, but there are plenty of amps that do depending on your budget.

SMSL-Mandy

Audio Company
I have the M400 input connected via USB from my computer. I have XLR output to my SP200 Amp and RCA output to my Edifier S2000Pro speakers. I'm unable to switch between RCA and XLR output.

There is no need to select the output because they can work at the same time.

SMSL-Mandy

Audio Company
Switching outputs was very easy with the M500, but I am not having the same luck with the M400 and SP200 Amp.

I use my HD800's and my Edifier S2000Pro speakers with the M400 and SP200. I want to switch outputs between my headphones and my speakers, but I haven't found a way to do this with the M400.

When I hit the function button on the M500, it allows me to seamlessly switch between HP and LINE output. But with the M400, it just goes to Bluetooth "Searching" and never stops... I want to disable bluetooth completely but I have no idea how.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

You can ignore the Bluetooth option and directly select other input modes you need. Bluetooth will automatically turn off.
Thanks.

Top Bottom