• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

IEM's for Playstation Portal - Chu II vs. Truthear Zero Dual Blue

JPsDeskSet

Hi all!

I am trying to get the most out of my Playstation Portal to do some couch gaming while my TV is occupied with other content. I am needing something small and secure to the ear, so my gaming headsets aren't cutting it. I am looking to budget IEMs.

I just returned a pair of Moondrop Chu's for the Moondrop Chu II's and am pretty happy with the bigger sound, as I am looking to offset the tiny screen with Michael Bay, v curved sound profile.

Curious on everyone's thoughts on Truthear's Zero:Blue's. With the goal being (1) soundstage accuracy for FPS and (2) prioritizing impactful, big, entertaining sound over measured balance; I am hoping some of you might have experience with the Chu II and Zero Dual:Blue and could tell me if $40-50 would result in any noticeable difference?

SuicideSquid

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'm not sure how powerful the PSP's headphone out is - I've found the Zero Blue to be a little more power-hungry than an average IEM. Have you considered the Linsoul 7Hz Zero 2? I have the Truthears and the Linsoul and prefer the Linsoul, with the added bonus that they're less power-hungry and sound great on my laptop's headphone jack, which the Truthears don't. Haven't used the Chu II so can't compare there - sorry.

staticV3

Master Contributor
The Truthear Zero has a lot less bass than the Chu II:
graph (41) (21).png

OP
J

JPsDeskSet

Thank you all for the insight. Sounds like I got lucky with the Chu II for matching IEM's that are easy to drive. Didn't think about that hurdle. Tweaked some settings on my PS5 and Portal and the digital soundstage has improved for location tracking.

Cheers all!!!

Top Bottom