• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Gustard X16 Owners feedback...

Pankar0

Also open the pocket for the fuse at the left of the main switch and check if the fuse is in a right position

curiouspeter

Addicted to Fun and Learning
All is good so far, will test some sampling rate switching scenarios tonight.

I am glad the X16 is MQA capable. It turns out there are quite a few MQA albums on Qobuz. Looks like the tidal (pun intended) wave of MQA is unstoppable.

sev1

Forum Donor
Looking for an MQA DAC attached to PC via USB that can ALSO double as an LDAC BT transmitter for use with BT headphones. It sounds like the X 16 is not it. :(

what you probably need is a BT card for your PC and connect your headphones directly to that. I highly doubt connecting to a DAC in the way you’re describing will improve fidelity.

BHazard

There are very few LDAC transmitters available. While not necessary for fidelity, it would have been killer if it did have BT transmit.

No worries though, this is my favorite DAC that I've ever owned.

curiouspeter

Should I worry about OLED burn-in on the display? I currently have it "Auto Off" but I want to have it on all the time. I also leave the X16 on all the time.

Reactions: AXR

curiouspeter

Hmm, hadn't thought of that. Don't know. Solved it with a BTA30 as was recommended on ASR. Very happy with it, I can walk around the house with my Panda BT headphones connected with LDAC.

Back in the days when people actually worked in the office I used a BT headset so I could spin around in my chair without strangling myself.

sev1

Forum Donor
Just ordered mine. Will be pairing with a Topping A90.

sev1

Forum Donor
The X16 is awesome. I have been listening to it all evening. Just 24 hours ago I thought it was DOA. What an improvement! :)

People need to know Gustard is a good alternative to brands like iFi, Topping and SMSL.

Anything over DOA has to be an improvement right?

iann

Ordered one from audiophonics in France for delivery to the UK.

Anyone else in UK order from there? Will need to pay couriers the VAT of course, anyone done this already?

iann

Well mine is out for delivery! From France to here in 4 days with seemingly no delay at customs. Strangely not been asked for VAT payment yet.

Looking forward to connecting it up to the Node 2i.

ninetylol

I had some stuttering problems with usb under Windows 10 too, but I suppose its my PC. Sounds great so far.

frankh

I had some stuttering problems with usb under Windows 10 too, but I suppose its my PC. Sounds great so far.
You're not alone ninetylol, I'm facing the same issue too. Perhaps the next driver update should address that...hopefully.

ninetylol

You're not alone ninetylol, I'm facing the same issue too. Perhaps the next driver update should address that...hopefully.
I dont thing its an issue with the Gustard driver, but something deeper in the OS. Other inputs work fine.

Top Bottom