• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Got 2 Fosi ZA3 recently but now its V3 Mono.. feel shortchanged

regmem

So couple of months back I scored the ZA3, run in monoblocks with 48V bricks.

Now Fosi announced the V3 monoblocks with PFFB. I feel shortchanged and/or buyer's remorse ( probably a bit of both and may be unjustifiably )

Can someone add fuel to the fire or probably extinguish the anguish ?

PS I understand this could be a low karma post, but my anxiety is real in terms of whether I need to take any timely action in privately selling those off ( my return window has already expired )

Overseas

Major Contributor
Whatever the technical solution, it should show in the measurements, right?
If you use RCA, performance is not that far.

melomane13

you can't feel any differences between the two, except perhaps in the treble response, depending on your speakers.
difference doesn't mean better or worse, it depends.
and then, it is easy to correct the frequency response

Mikig

Don't get caught up in the continuous updating game! You never end up otherwise. Every day a new product comes onto the market. so enjoy your ZA3, if they satisfy you, if instead you understand that there may be things to improve in your system...
well, start looking on these pages at how to really improve a system...then maybe the day will come for some updates... .Perhaps….

anotherhobby

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
If you bought a product recently that meets your needs and you were happy with the value, then something new shouldn't really change that. If you settled for something that doesn't meet your needs as well as you'd like it to (as we all do at times for price or other reasons), then learn from that, and then live with it or replace it. I do know how you feel though, it happens to all of us across all of the products we buy. There is always something new. Best thing really is to sit tight and be happy.

MCH

Major Contributor
Think about this: ZA3 has trigger input, V3 mono has audio sense that nobody has tested yet and could potentially become a pile of trash if the amps switch off too often with low signals, and to make it worse, with a loud pop. This will keep you happy for a while, until the rush for the mono vanishes, probably in a few weeks.

mike70

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Life's too short for that kind of regrets and we're talking about really cheap amplifiers (taking the "audiophile" prices we usually see).

So .. sell the ZA3 pair and get the V3 mono or stay with the ZA3. Surely there will be no difference in normal situations, but do what you FEEL you want to do. That's happiness.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So couple of months back I scored the ZA3, run in monoblocks with 48V bricks.

Now Fosi announced the V3 monoblocks with PFFB. I feel shortchanged and/or buyer's remorse ( probably a bit of both and may be unjustifiably )

PS I understand this could be a low karma post, but my anxiety is real in terms of whether I need to take any timely action in privately selling those off ( my return window has already expired )
Are you hearing noise, distortion, or elevated treble in your system?

If so, definitely go ahead and flip the ZA3s for the monoblocks.

If not, stop worrying about something you can't hear and enjoy the music. :)

OP
R

regmem

Thank you all for your responses. I understand the never-ending game of upgrade and upscale, so wasn't FOMO, but rather did I plunge too soon kind of thing, ..

Hmm.. in hindsight.. repeating those words sound exactly what I am trying to avoid accepting.

And to every one who pointed out the treble response or distortion, I am not experiencing it that much as yet. I will have a whole new post coming in for that.

And thank you all for your experienced calming words about my dilemma.

Currently I am just building my system, i had gathered bits and pieces over last couple of years, but only recently getting in the Budget Audiophile game.

YesChickenNuggets

The amplifier's response is flatter and cleaner than any real speaker ever produced or will ever be produced, this is true even with really crappy amplifiers. The race at this point is more feel good than it's objective.

Top Bottom