• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

GGNTKT Model M1

Andysu

Major Contributor
May i ask what are the downsides of using compression drivers instead of regular tweeters ??
( well except for obvious additional wave guide manufacturing ... )
when in mood i switch the JBL cinema bass cabs off , listen with JBL 2445 2380A great sounding and they can play extremely loud , but 85dBA is loud enough and the tweeters well they are sort of tweetie sounding compared to cinema HF horn , x5 for five screen wide L Lc C Rc R , no nothing do with front wide

Screenshot 2023-02-24 16.45.07.png

169562100_10159056366115149_1514796056143266570_n.jpg

Last edited:

jamington2004

@roland{at}GGNTKT Hi just bought a pair of the M1"s" - mightily impressive at first listen, and really super looks / build quality.

Is there any option being planned to allow the loading of a PEQ Settings file to the configurator? I see some menu options that talk about loading DSP settings files so maybe its a future possibility?

Kind regards
Jamie

roland{at}GGNTKT

Audio Company
Forum Donor
@roland{at}GGNTKT Hi just bought a pair of the M1"s" - mightily impressive at first listen, and really super looks / build quality.
Hi @jamington2004 thanks for being our speakers and the nice feedback!

Is there any option being planned to allow the loading of a PEQ Settings file to the configurator? I see some menu options that talk about loading DSP settings files so maybe its a future possibility?
You mean e.g. an EQ export of REW?

jamington2004

Hi thanks for the reply - they’re getting better with every listen :) The bass is phenomenal in alll aspects.

Re PEQ yes I mean someway to EQ specific frequencies after measuring, specifically for me to reduce the boominess caused by the room at about 50hz and 100hz

With my Devialet amp for example I could load some parameters with the frequency to adjust / DB cut or boost level / Q factor

While I have you - no rush - but also I notice you mentioned earlier (pasted below) about digital volume control using the software? I don’t find this option and am trying to find a way to used a dac with fixed volume digital output

“If you use the digital input you can either control the volume within the system via our software (done in the digital domain, no remote control, no mobile app yet)”

@roland{at}GGNTKT

Last edited:

jamington2004

Big thanks to Roland for reaching out via the GGKNT website.

Now I have access to the controller via USB…. these speakers just went from awesome - to awesomer (am I allowed to make such unsubstantiated claims on ASR?! ;)

Now I’ve ditched the DAC and the Minidsp Open DRC I was using - and am just using a little streamer with volume control directly into the M1 digital input!

I’ve also hooked up the TV and lip sync is perfect so far (sometimes that can be a bit of luck with my set up)

The 3rd party controller has a really nice easy to use interface with visual PEQ filters (10 band for each channel I think?) - and you can make changes on the fly and sync them to the device in seconds.

You can also save multiple sound profiles and easily switch via the controller (I’m thinking late night mode / movies mode?

Input gain is also adjustable which was great as before, my Spotify via iPhone was at a decent level with the volume at 0 :)

And a whole host of other options I haven’t been brave enough to look into yet (FIR anyone?!)

As this is ASR I will make the effort to post my own measurement where I reduced a giant room mode. They’re now super clean and the bass is just right / tight / as heavy as it’s meant to be on the recording without getting in the way of the rest of the FR range :)

Once again - amazing little speakers, superb fit and finish, reassuringly chunky cables and connectors, tucked away in corners, only sticking out 20cm from the wall IN TOTAL (Kii three would be about 60cm out minimum)

Let me know if any real world questions from anyone considering them.

Kind regards
Jamie

Attachments

• IMG_2051.jpeg
    IMG_2051.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_2052.jpeg
    IMG_2052.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_2056.jpeg
    IMG_2056.jpeg
    237.6 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_2057.jpeg
    IMG_2057.jpeg
    231 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_2058.jpeg
    IMG_2058.jpeg
    227.7 KB · Views: 295

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
That is excellent James, I am pleased you like them and have made them work in your place.
Keith

Is this company still in business? I have not seen much information about their Model S1 or Model M2, and it seems that they removed documents from their website. Also, this thread seems dead. Just curious.

Reactions: CMB

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is this company still in business? I have not seen much information about their Model S1 or Model M2, and it seems that they removed documents from their website. Also, this thread seems dead. Just curious.
Seems like an extremely promising design--a scaled back D & D 8C or Kii 3 which would be perfect for a lot of people. But I see very little evidence it's available in the US, don't see how it would be supported, and don't see any US reviews or Klippel scans. If you're alive, Roland, and want to sell something on this side of the pond, please send a sample to Amir or Erin, and find a US dealer (Vintage King or Sweetwater, maybe?).

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
you can find cea 2034 klippel data for model m1 on the manufacturer page by scrolling down:
I, for one, want a Klippel scan from an objective, impartial source, not just from the manufacturer. I know GGNTKT and Sierra Acoustics both employ the Klippel in the design and testing of their products, and publish the results. Good on them, but I still want a Klippel from a reviewer, nonetheless.

roland{at}GGNTKT

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Yes we are.
Which infos or documents of Model S1 is missing?
Updates to Model M3 (formerly Model M2) can be found here.
Is there anything else I can do for you?

But I see very little evidence it's available in the US, don't see how it would be supported, and don't see any US reviews or Klippel scans. If you're alive, Roland, and want to sell something on this side of the pond, please send a sample to Amir or Erin, and find a US dealer (Vintage King or Sweetwater, maybe?).
We are in talk with a US reps. The challenge is that US dealers expect very high margins, so that would lead to different prices compared to the EU.
I've no plans with Amir or Erin at this time, it's just a matter of priorities.

I, for one, want a Klippel scan from an objective, impartial source, not just from the manufacturer. I know GGNTKT and Sierra Acoustics both employ the Klippel in the design and testing of their products, and publish the results. Good on them, but I still want a Klippel from a reviewer, nonetheless.
Got your point. But for us as a manufacturer I don't expect much new data or insights, so that's for pure marketing. I already talked to Erin in 2021 as he wanted a pair for Model M1 for a review. He might get one, as soon as we have a plan for exporting to the US.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
that speaks a lot about the US high-end market lol
In their defense, they have to pay very high rents, deal with returns and warranty service (which in this case would include shipments back to Germany), and deal with a specialty product which will sell at best sell no more than 100-200 units a year. So yes, will be expensive for anyone anywhere in the supply chain, particularly so for the end user.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
A very nice no-nonsense presentation of the company philosophy and engineering, unfortunately in German language so for most here to be watched with auto-translated subtitles:

changer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Sehr sympathisch!

What makes me wonder when I re-read the Anselm Goertz S&R review though is that the M1S did not receive a very high subjective rating. Maybe it is a bit arbitrary, with only three stars rating.

Yet, the somewhat less sophisticated Genelec S360, that does not feature cardioid, received higher marks.

Also, Goertz speaks of “a certain” fun factor. Why “a certain”?

Neben der professionellen Neutralität schafft es die M1S so auch noch, einen gewissen Spaßfaktor zu vermitteln.

I wish the HIFI Studio Bramfeld would offer a similar demonstration. Would love to listen to these speakers.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Interesting remark, who knows, maybe he didn't want to be registered as too positive with a product of a company where he contributed to the tuning of one of their products (as it can be seen in above video at 8:21)?

changer

Another portrait of the company and its owner. Automatic translation is available.

who knows, maybe he didn't want to be registered as too positive with a product of a company where he contributed to the tuning of one of their products?
Could be, we'll never know.

Nevertheless, a certain mark (2/3) was given and published in a magazine that is dedicated to providing its readers with honest and reliable advice.

jamington2004

Still absolutely loving my M1S - the only thing I would want to change is a remote control and a prettier amp to match the gorgeous speakers

Sound quality wise they are quite superb in my humble, non technical, real world hifi enthusiast opinion :)

I can’t think of any reason (other than financial ruin) that I would ever want to move these on!

changer

What makes me wonder when I re-read the Anselm Goertz S&R review though is that the M1S did not receive a very high subjective rating.

To return to this, I listened to the M1 today and heard a three-out-of-three-stars speaker. Despite the M3 being an incredible speaker, for my space, I would be most satisfied to go with the M1 and subwoofer option.

jamington2004

Was it the M1 or the M1S? Perhaps the higher power version would negate the need for a sub? As welll as positioning them close the front wall to get boundary reinforcement?
But maybe it’s the lowest of the low frequencies you need that only a 15inch sub could add in? :)

Top Bottom