• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Getting outside the box with speaker design

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Was there anything new in that relevant to high quality reproduction?

OP
Rick Sykora

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Was there anything new in that relevant to high quality reproduction?

No, nor about breaking the circle of confusion. However, does show where some think the overall speaker market is headed. Is a humbling reminder that hifi is more niche than I think many of us are ready to admit. ;)

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
No, nor about breaking the circle of confusion. However, does show where some think the overall speaker market is headed. Is a humbling reminder that hifi is more niche than I think many of us are ready to admit. ;)
D'accord. It has always been so.

Senior NEET Engineer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Mass market will always prefer convenience and low cost. Sound bars, home pods, wireless earbuds, etc. Visit a Sonos forum and you will not find much discussion about high fidelity sound reproduction. Instead there are questions about how to hide the power cable or whether the subwoofer can be placed under a cabinet. Audiophiles have different "state of the art" goals than a speaker that can be powered by shower water stream. Not sure if you were trying to relate the two in first comment.

OP
Rick Sykora

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In my case, am fine with people getting what allows them to enjoy music. What I like to see is the trickle down of better sound at lower prices. Seems to me we have more discontinuity in that path these days (more so than I would like to see).

Expect and hope it gets better over time. :)

Top Bottom