• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Genelec ISS (auto off)

mrmojo

Bought two 8030c speakers. Hooked them up to the same DAC, and turned the ISS switch to on both of them.

When I turn off the DAC the little green light does off after a while on one of the speakers (indicating it's off), but not on the other speaker.

The other speaker stays powered on, despite the ISS switch being in the 'on' position.

Two speakers, both hooked up to the same DAC, the ISS seems to work on one of them, but not the other.

Did I get a faulty speaker, or am I missing something?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Try unplugging the DAC in addition to turning it off.
If the second speaker stays on, then it's the speaker.
If it turns off, then it's the DAC.

OP
M

mrmojo

Try unplugging the DAC in addition to turning it off.
If the second speaker stays on, then it's the speaker.
If it turns off, then it's the DAC.
For some reason the ISS only works if I disconnect the cables (XLR to RCA) cables from the DAC. The DAC is a topping DX3 pro.

Even if I disconnect the power on the dac, but keep the XLR/RCA cables connected to the DAC the ISS doesn't always work. Maybe the cables are picking up noise which the ISS detects as an audio signal?

Would you recommend getting a new DAC with XLR outputs to resolve this issue?

AudioJester

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Try swapping cables between speakers. If not the cable then will be the speaker

Top Bottom