Hello highly distinguished, educated and kind humans,
My name is LilSizzle and I want to buy an amp. Here is the story:
I've moved into solo living for the first time in years, in the middle of the forest, and I want to some killer sound for my dance practice and watching movies
. Killer as in driving and has some bass I can feel. At current I have HK Go Play
. So anything that is a step up from that is a win.
Speaking of which I just found a Vintage Toshiba SA-320L Amp
on the side of the road and it goes well. Along with some Melbourne made vintage speakers yep I'm from Down Under Australia.
View attachment 184713View attachment 184715View attachment 184714View attachment 184716
Along with this I just purchased a bunch of well cared for Polk Audio
gear for $370 USD. Picking it up today.
- Floor standing - RTi A5 x 2
- Centre - CSi A4 x 1
- Book shelf - RTi A1 x 2 plus stands.
- Sub - DSW PRO 440wi
Details of the room:
- Hard wood floors
- 4metres wide x 6m long x 3m ceiling
View attachment 184711View attachment 184712
- Danceable sound system - bass.
- Minimal gear in room as possible.
- Thinking 2.1- RTi A1 x 2 in unison with the Sub DSW 440wi.
- Or just 2.0 - Floor standing - RTi A5 x 2
- Will sell remaining gear to help fund an amp.
Questions - the amp:
- Either 2.1 or 2.0 Amp depending on speaker selection.
Do I keep the Toshiba or run another amp?
- Budget for $250 AUD.
- Have been looking at Class D Amps due to small foot print:
Fosi Audio DA2120C
Fosi Audio BT30D
In Australia I've found it hard to find any TPA3255 run Class D Amps.
Open to all ideas.
Thanks for the read!