• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FS: Marantz AV8802A, Anthem MCA-20, Anthem MCA-50, Ascend Sierra-2

GoMrPickles

Forum Donor
I am selling:

(Sold) Marantz AV8802A processor - $1200, have remote, antennas, box
(Sold) Anthem MCA-20 2-channel amp - $400
Anthem MCA-50 5-channel amp - $800, have box
(Sold) Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2 w/RAAL ribbon tweeter - $600, have box

I noted some issues with sound dropout on the AV8802A on this forum and elsewhere; it was given a clean bill of health by a local shop. My own internet sleuthing points towards the HDMI board, but I opted not to replace it. The board is $400 retail and the quoted repair at the shop was $700 (including diagnostics and parts). Again, I did not replace it.

I tested the amps on my own and could not find any issues. The MCA-50 was rebuilt at Anthem in 2018. The MCA-20 has not been used in several years.

These items are heavy and shipping is probably not worth it; if interested, please DM and we'll see if a local (California) exchange is possible. I aim to price these to move and so I am also open to reasonable and serious offers. I can throw in balanced cables, power cords, etc. depending on needs.

Last edited:

TimW

Major Contributor
Is the MCA-20 still available? Would you consider shipping it? Looking at USPS estimates the shipping price looks worth it to me.

OP
G

GoMrPickles

Forum Donor
Is the MCA-20 still available? Would you consider shipping it? Looking at USPS estimates the shipping price looks worth it to me.
Hi, it sold, unfortunately. The MCA-50 and Marantz AV8802A are still available.

OP
G

GoMrPickles

Forum Donor
For those interested, the AV8802A sold for $600, with the estimated repair cost for the HDMI board at $500. TBH, I'm happier with my Sonos Beam than I ever was with the AV8802A.

Top Bottom