• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

For headphone/IEM, what is my best option?

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Crinacle Truthear Zeros for $50. They are now my go to OTG IEM. Maybe just a trifle too forward in the upper midrange (just like the Harman curve, IMHO), but nothing I, for one, am not able to easily live with.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
For that budget forget headphones and maybe look at getting a couple of iem.

If you use amazon or similar you can easily return the ones you don't like /don't fit.
Truthear zero as mentioned above, moondrop chu, loads of options in that market.

isostasy

You need to specify far more criteria. Of course we want good sound but, like most people asking this question, you don't say where you intend to use them or what for.

I have Etymotic ER2XR, but if I never listened to music on the train I probably wouldn't own them.

I have Sennheiser HD6XX, but if I could only afford one pair of headphones for use inside and outside it definitely wouldn't be this.

I don't like the sweaty feeling of leather pads so won't buy headphones with these no matter how good they sound.

Shallow fit IEMs never stay in my ears so I won't buy them.

You see what I'm getting at? What are your preferences, what do you currently own, what are you going to use them for, what are your comfort needs? etc.

markanini

Major Contributor
Shure SRH440 is within your budget. But the convenience of IEMs cant be beaten. I recommend Moondrop Lan.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I vote too for Truthear Crinnacle Zero, just sent a pair to my niece for her birthday (she's also obsessed with the color blue). Can't go wrong on them. If you go to the Hifiman web site, the open box HE400se is $79 when available, I have a pair of those too, and they're a solid choice for anyone. No equalizing is needed, but helps a bit if you check the review here, the settings will improve them some.

Top Bottom