• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

First thread, be gentle.. amp/dac question

CxoD

Hey!

First timer, first post and completely new into this dac/amp headphone world.
Lets say I'd like to buy a modius & magnius as my first setup for my desktop, in regards to inputs what is the best way to go by?

Desktop USB > Modius - Modius XLR output > Magnius XLR input > " Headphones - Balanced XLR jack or 1/4 Jack?
Do I go balanced all the way or does it work with just balanced between the AMP/DAC ?

I've been searching like crazy to find just an awnser to this.. cant find anything or I'm blind.
Or do I just go RCA?

Regards

OP
C

CxoD

Hi welcome to asr. Yes going usb / xlr will give best performance with those.
Thanks! ;D
What about the headphones? Do they need to be balanced on the front IO or is 1/4 output enough?

Vini darko

Major Contributor
Thanks! ;D
What about the headphones? Do they need to be balanced on the front IO or is 1/4 output enough?
The xlr gives best performance in distortion and power. However the 1/4 is fine and should run most headphones well enough.

Top Bottom