• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fiio FT5 open planar magnetic headphones.

poxymoron

This could be interesting:

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I was excited about the previous Fiio headphone which turned out to be a bit of a let down. With two unmarked and wildly different FR graphs in the same page on its marketing material, this one not giving a lot of confidence either.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Personally I thought the FT3 was not a bad headphone but admit I had higher hopes given the subjective reports everywhere.
Decided not to send it back and keep it.
Preferred the pleather pads and getting rid of the (almost obligatory for most headphones) treble peak is easy to lower.

The FT5 also comes with 2 different pads but it is annoying they 'describe' sound differences but publish only one unnamed FR plot.
That FR plot on the FT5 page lacks a target and info on what fixture it was made. The 10kHz peak is a bit concerning but there are ways to remove those.

The other plot is the phase plot b.t.w.

Last edited:
Top Bottom