• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Feedback on SPL curve

Soundstage

Dear ASR members,
This is my first post here and I am glad to join!
I would like to share with you the curves below to get your feedback generated with 1/6 smoothing. They were done at two listening positions in my room, using REW and the UMIK USB microphone.
The green one is closer to the rear wall, which explains the bump at 120Hz I guess. What is your diagnostic doc? How bad are the curves?
What should I do from there? What other measurements are needed for the diagnostic of acoustic experience?
Thank you guys.

1578648726090.png

Last edited:

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A bit of room correction by placing your speakers away from the wall should even out the lower frequencies. You ought to target the standard +/- 3dB for a good FR target, but you can get it within +/- 1.5 dB through REW and room treatments.

OP
S

Soundstage

A bit of room correction by placing your speakers away from the wall should even out the lower frequencies. You ought to target the standard +/- 3dB for a good FR target, but you can get it within +/- 1.5 dB through REW and room treatments.
Thanks. New version of the swipe (1/12 smoothing), moving away the speakers from the front wall:
1578846180793.png

mitchco

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Audio Company
Looks pretty good! Use the REW overlay to get the vertical scale to show 5 dB divisions rather than the 10 dB you have above. How does it sound to you?

OP
S

Soundstage

The curve looks much better on my left speaker. The right speaker is closer to a lateral wall, and I don’t know how to deal with that because it brings all this dips and peaks. This is a living room so I don’t have much options for moving stuff around..
In red the left speaker and purple the right speaker, green is the combined response:
1578856738217.png

Top Bottom