• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Extreme Snake Oil

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
A new contender from the U.K. ( how proud I feel)

Former director of ‘Wave’ cables and gym owner.
Keith
Wowowowow... $999 for a switch. sigh* Snake oil de jour.

Reactions: pjn

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I don’t find the bolt objectionable.
Keith

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
It’s obviously to do do with -aligning your energy , honestly don’t you know nothing!
‘Reiki: the Japanese art of healing through energy realignment - shifting the energy balance - rediscovered by Dr. Mikao Usui 100 years ago and drawing on principles and practices going back 2500 years. ‘
£1.25 is pretty reasonable in the circumstances.
Keith

Punter

Ummm, what the hell does a "two port" switch like this do? I have looked at the pictures and it only has two RJ45 ports, one marked "IN" and the other marked "OUT" So what is it actually switching?? The only other "two port" devices I can find actually have three RJ45 ports and are classified as "splitters". The vendor here is suggesting that this device be installed "pre streamer" so the path would be modem/router, this piece of junk and then the streaming device. I ask again, what does it actually do??

squarewave

Ummm, what the hell does a "two port" switch like this do? I have looked at the pictures and it only has two RJ45 ports, one marked "IN" and the other marked "OUT" So what is it actually switching?? The only other "two port" devices I can find actually have three RJ45 ports and are classified as "splitters". The vendor here is suggesting that this device be installed "pre streamer" so the path would be modem/router, this piece of junk and then the streaming device. I ask again, what does it actually do??

Ideally they want you to buy two:
Superswitch Master
Designed to be installed just before your streamer to ensure that the latter receives the cleanest possible signal.
Superswitch Servant
Designed to be connected to your router to isolate any other (typically non-audio) devices from the audio path
(this is not for me)

There is a connection diagram at the bottom of the page.

Source: https://www.reikiaudio.com/which-switch

Last edited:

blackmetalboon

A new contender from the U.K. ( how proud I feel)

Former director of ‘Wave’ cables and gym owner.
Keith

As you will be well aware, the recent thread on PFM was pure gaslighting.

From the available images, it looks like the other ports have been covered over, rather than being just a two port switch.

Last edited:

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
As you will be well aware, the recent thread on PFM was pure gaslighting.

From the available images, it looks like the other ports have been covered over, rather than bring just a two port switch.
Nigel and Nick are the audio equivalent of, Del and Rodney, apologies to non UK residents.
Keith

Top Bottom