• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Experience and review of Hilidac Beam 2/2S

somy

Hi
Hilidac released a new version of Beam (which didn’t get a good review here). On paper the spec of versions 2 looks fantastic, and it is one of the very few portal DACs that supports MQA. Recently they released version 2S with 4.4mm balanced output, not sure what changed inside.
Anybody has experience with the product? Or maybe can share links of trusted reviews? Thanks

santico

A little late to your question but for the purpose of trying out MQA I bought the Beam 2 with no previous knowledge on the matter and honestly I've been looking for another DAC that sounds as good (for me it is night and day with the Google Pixel 3 XL USB dongle and Moondrop's Starfield) I got the Zorloo Ztella a couple of days ago and I could tell the difference in separation and soundstage with loud instrumentation (rock) favoring the Beam 2. Mind you I've only tried these 2 DACs, there are probably better ones and I'm not interested in MQA anymore.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
A little late to your question but for the purpose of trying out MQA I bought the Beam 2 with no previous knowledge on the matter and honestly I've been looking for another DAC that sounds as good (for me it is night and day with the Google Pixel 3 XL USB dongle and Moondrop's Starfield) I got the Zorloo Ztella a couple of days ago and I could tell the difference in separation and soundstage with loud instrumentation (rock) favoring the Beam 2. Mind you I've only tried these 2 DACs, there are probably better ones and I'm not interested in MQA anymore.
Welcome Aboard @santico.

Top Bottom