• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Exciting news from Onkyo and Pioneer: TX-RZ70/ VSX-LX705, TX-RZ9/VSX-LX905 = Auro 3D + DLBC!

Ssmokeyy

U are correct it's not called sales tax. We call it sales tax u call it income tax.

DrStranger

Anyone have any clue when the next, top tier, of Pio, Onky and Integra will be released? Are we talking end of year or next? I am not conviced or impressed by the 805, RZ70 or the 8.4 , honestly, I still feel it in "the air" that the aftermath of component issues are not 100% clear yet. The price are still of the chart where I live. And I still want Class-D. :)

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
U are correct it's not called sales tax. We call it sales tax u call it income tax.
Totally off topic, so this will be my last post. Sales tax is based on the total price of an item you purchase. That tax is then remitted to the state. Income tax is based on your personal income (has nothing to do with the purchase of a product). There are only 5 states that do not have a sales tax (Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, and Oregon). It isn't about what it is called... they are two very different things.
Where it gets interesting, is if you live in a state that has sales a sales tax, and you purchase a product from another state, you currently do not get out of paying your state sales tax (there are exceptions, thresholds for retailers etc), thanks to the court ruling, South Dakota vs Wayfair Inc. Sorry for the diversion and won't post further on this.

dlaloum

Major Contributor
I wish I knew that also. I want a integra 9.4 or pre/pro
The totl integra is purported to be the R1.4 ( R for reference ? )

Early info pointed to both an avr and avp version.

But nothing is certain until they are out!

ivo.f.doma

Is anyone from this forum going to the exhibition in Munich?
He could inform us about his personal experiences and knowledge about Onkyo Pioneer products that he gets at their stand.
That would be very interesting and I would be very grateful!

dlaloum

Major Contributor
Interesting - the main processor board (top board at the front of the unit, with the ESS chip and the TI Decoder, has a number of additional edge connectors that are unused.

Perhaps these are used in alternate hardware configurations ? The integra version? the Onkyo version? - reserved for future use on the more upmarket prepro - or more prosaically - perhaps diagnostic connection points...

I still have not heard anyone mention having sighted a service manual for this generation of AVR's...

ivo.f.doma

Interesting - the main processor board (top board at the front of the unit, with the ESS chip and the TI Decoder, has a number of additional edge connectors that are unused.

Perhaps these are used in alternate hardware configurations ? The integra version? the Onkyo version? - reserved for future use on the more upmarket prepro - or more prosaically - perhaps diagnostic connection points...

I still have not heard anyone mention having sighted a service manual for this generation of AVR's...
Maybe they are of such high quality that they don't need service :).

Left the deposit for a RZ-70 today. Final price, with an around 10% discount on the official listing, this shop makes me (I'm an old customer of them, spent thousands on various gear there), 2.950€.
It'll take a while to arrive (few weeks), will let you know the impressions when it does.

ArturoKiwi

Left the deposit for a RZ-70 today. Final price, with an around 10% discount on the official listing, this shop makes me (I'm an old customer of them, spent thousands on various gear there), 2.950€.
It'll take a while to arrive (few weeks), will let you know the impressions when it does.
I'm very disappointed about the lack of review of RZ70 and the difficult to buy one in Italy

I'm very disappointed about the lack of review of RZ70 and the difficult to buy one in Italy
Yeah! The retailer told me the wait will be a little longer than usual, but you know Onkyo's situation.
I don't care much about reviews: I have a separate power amp so I'm gonna use its amp just for the Atmos speakers (or maybe not even those).
I chose the RZ70 to replace my PR-RZ5100 because I've always had Onkyos in my Home Theater System so I'm used to the sound and functionalities and because it's the cheapest AVR to support DLBC multi-sub (though at a added price).

Theetjuh

For the RZ50 we in the EU had to wait more then a year compared to the US, luckily it is now only months.

dlaloum

Major Contributor
It is still early days for these... lots of places have yet to receive stock... and once stock is available a proper review would take at least a few weeks - more typically a month or two.

The RZ70 has arrived today (sooner than I expected)! I will put it in my system during the weekend and will let you know my first impressions.:)
20230706_185600.jpg

delta76

Major Contributor
It's a shame that someone from the US doesn't have it sent to Amir for measurements first. If it were me, I would definitely do it for myself and the community.
If someone steps up to do it, I salute his/her contribution, but if someone has RZ70 and does not want to send to Amir, it's perfectly fine

Top Bottom