• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo Questions regarding USB out and options in the settings.

shion_ca

I'm using my ever solo A6 as a digital transport out to USB.

Question 1) when I don't engage the volume pass through mode and use the USB volume option (1 - 15) what exactly happens to alter the volume? I'm wondering if I lose sound "quality" through its digital voluming. I get it might be "non-audible" but I'd still like to know the mechanics of how that digital volume control works and what its giving up relative to my pre-amps volume control.

2) When I choose a fixed sampling rate output of 192 Gapless.... my Dad does indeed report a sample rate of 192 is received. What is it doing to provide this sample rate... is it upsampling?

3) When I am not in volume pass through mode, but I choose volume 15 it flashes some message about volume control override or something... is that basically exactly equivalent to having the volume pass through mode.

4) What exactly is the ever solo original camping rate audio engine doing for me? Is it related to my fixed sampling rate output settings at all?

Thanks all!

Top Bottom