• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eversolo A6 vs Wiim pro+ with ext Dac?

Stereoguy

Hi trying to decide which is better for my set up...Speakers are Paradigm premier 800's with a c-600 center...Polk surrounds,Marantz Cinema 40.....music streaming Apple Music or tidal(still trying to decide...any input would be appreciated!!). the dac i am thinking of is the topping velvet 70 if there is a very good option at a cheaper price point open to ideas!!!I live in Canada so prices here are pricier,LOL.Thanks for any idea's on these ?!!! My bad this is 4 2 channel playback only!Thanks

Last edited:

Nutul

Whatever (stereo) DAC you take, you won't be able to get your center and surrounds to play, unless you probably keep the signal digital into your Cinema 40; which will, of course, not involve any external DAC you are going to buy... The Velvet is a nice toy, though.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi trying to decide which is better for my set up...Speakers are Paradigm premier 800's with a c-600 center...Polk surrounds,Marantz Cinema 40.....music streaming Apple Music or tidal(still trying to decide...any input would be appreciated!!). the dac i am thinking of is the topping velvet 70 if there is a very good option at a cheaper price point open to ideas!!!I live in Canada so prices here are pricier,LOL.Thanks for any idea's on these ?!!!
Why are you considering an external DAC with the Pro+? It already has a very competent DAC built in.

OP
S

Stereoguy

Why are you considering an external DAC with the Pro+? It already has a very competent DAC built in.
Hi: Thinking the Topping would be a upgrade overall...if not then would not bother....would be using the analog inputs to use the Topping Velvlet dac.Thanks!!

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi: Thinking the Topping would be a upgrade overall...if not then would not bother....would be using the analog inputs to use the Topping Velvlet dac.Thanks!!
The topping may measure a little better - but the Dac in the Pro+ is already much better than human hearing. You won't be able to hear an improvement.

But if you were to decide to use an external DAC, then you should go for the Pro rather than the Pro+ - the only difference is an improved DAC. Having said that, I believe that the DAC in the Pro (non plus) is also audibly transparent for pretty much everyone.

And sorry - do I understant you want to take an analogue signal - convert it to digital using the Wiim, so you can then use the topping DAC? If so - utterly pointless, you can't improve an analogue signal by ADC then DAC - no matter how good the DAC. You can only degrade it. Unless you want to use some DSP room equalistion, or similar - in which case it might makse sense.

Top Bottom