• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

EVE audio SC208 Problem

Exprymer

Hello all,
I have aquired a pair of second hand EVE audio SC208 which are behaving erratically. One of them have Flickering LEDs on startup but eventually works (until i restart it). The other one is dead. I'm pretty sure is due to the power supply. The only fix i had is from this guy that changed the Capacitors, and unfortunately it didn't worked. Have anyone had the same problem or any problem on EVE audio monitors that can share the problem and the fix?

Joao

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
One of them have Flickering LEDs on startup but eventually works (until i plug it out).

It's likely to be the SMPS power supply in both.

And yes, capacitors can and often cause symptoms as you describe. Most likely it will be secondary side capacitors, not primary. But you need to get them to someone who can troubleshoot and repair HV SMPSs. Not a job if you are unfamiliar with such work. The voltages stored in the primary side caps are potentially lethal.

Top Bottom