• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Emotiva amphi to choose

Naughtycub

Hi. I'm new here but it is a wonderful source of information.
I am currently in a deep thought in order to choose amps for my HC installation. I have currently own a Denon X7200wa receiver and Monitor Audio Gold (front =200) speakers.
I'd like to switch to dedicated amps and later a pre pro and seriously think of Emotiva which is in my budget range.

In a first step is like to upgrade only the front speakers, so thinking of 2 channels all (or monoblock) and I am hesitating between Emotiva XPA HC1 monoblock, XPA Gen3 or XPA DR2 différential amp. From the amirm tests it's a bit difficult to understand which is the best (or the less worst) of the two products from Emotiva: the DR version or the non DR one. Any thoughts about these questions?

PS: I am also thinking of ATI amp such as the AT522NC though it's a bit more expensive (if like to upgrade to HC all in the same series and the HC allows from ATI are really more expensive than their Emotiva counterpart).

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
In addition to the AT522NC, you might consider the Monoprice Monolith amplifiers, some of which are built by ATI I believe.

jae

Major Contributor
ATI one is using ncore, so you can look around and see if you find any multichanel ncores that you may like?

What about NAD M28?

OP
N

Naughtycub

In addition to the AT522NC, you might consider the Monoprice Monolith amplifiers, some of which are built by ATI I believe.
I considered Monolith also, however their amplifiers are only 120V-compatible and I live in France

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
I considered Monolith also, however their amplifiers are only 120V-compatible and I live in France
According to this thread, Monoprice will be coming out with an nCore amplifier which should be usable in all regions.

OP
N

Naughtycub

ATI one is using ncore, so you can look around and see if you find any multichanel ncores that you may like?

What about NAD M28?

What about NAD M28?
NAD M28 is twice the price of a XPA-7 Gen3

jae

Major Contributor
NAD M28 is twice the price of a XPA-7 Gen3
Ah I thought there was a cheaper one that looked similar to the NAD C 298 but I guess I'm mistaken. The M-series are all the premium stuff.

Top Bottom