• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eminence is bought by B&C group

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
So, it seems the market consolidation in speaker manufacturing land is progressing ever more. This time, Eminence was the target. They’ve been acquired by the B&C group:

B&C group already owns 18 Sound and Ciare.

What amazes me is the price. They only paid $ 3.56 million for it. That just a hand full of decent speaker cables… Eminence must have been in really bad shape.

Waxx

Major Contributor
Well, it's in the text:

"Eminence Speaker LLC recorded revenue of $11.9 million and EBITDA of $0.48". This makes this company not so valuable as you may think. Buissiness is small, and most of the products are older designs that does not sell that much anymore. They are still decent, but the market did not stop and other companies like B&C have way better drivers now for a lot of applications. I still hope they don't kill the brand and keep the classic models that are still valuable alive.

OP
voodooless

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, it's in the text:

"Eminence Speaker LLC recorded revenue of $11.9 million and EBITDA of $0.48". This makes this company not so valuable as you may think. Buissiness is small, and most of the products are older designs that does not sell that much anymore. They are still decent, but the market did not stop and other companies like B&C have way better drivers now for a lot of applications. I still hope they don't kill the brand and keep the classic models that are still valuable alive.
I think Eminence is predominantly an OEM. The models they offer under their own brand name is just a small selection of what they can actually produce.

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, it's in the text:

1x sales. That is neither unreasonable nor excessive. For a small company, they did well with getting this amount. A fire sale would have been much less

Waxx

Major Contributor
1x sales. That is neither unreasonable nor excessive. For a small company, they did well with getting this amount. A fire sale would have been much less
I don't think it's a fire sale, it's just a sale, but people overrate the economic value of companies a lot, especially in audio. Most are relative small with small profits. If you want to become rich, you need an other busssiness.

Emminence is in decline, but only a bit. Not because bad quality or bad managment but the lack of renewment i think. B&C surely can help with that and revive the brand to it's old glory. It was the right time to sell (or change stuff within the company) i think, before they get into trouble, not when they are in trouble like what happened with Audio Research.

Top Bottom