• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dynaudio Focus 10 active speakers (Stereophile review)

mmi

Ive already go an Apple Homepod. I guess that the same too :lol:
Not really. The Fives 3 x 4” mid-woofers add up to the equivalent of roughly 7” per speaker. Most measurements I’ve seen show them hitting 30hz, Napier Lopez measured the old Play:5 model getting down to 25hz in an old review on TNW.

Here's some measurements of other Sonos speakers:

Move
Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 11.33.40 am.png

Roam
Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 11.33.52 am.png

Play:1
sonos-play-1-6a7b4bcaddd147ed827567a0ce604afc.jpg

nocrapman

I live and half hour drive from Dynaudio and there’s a lot of speakers I would opt for before even considering any Dynaudio.
Kali for one.

Pray elaborate.
I am looking at the Dynaudio focus 50s for a bedroom solution. Other than the LS60 and the Buchardts, I havent seen anything else that comes close for the price point and form factor and the features.

lowkeyoperations

^must be a big bedroom for the 50’s!
These are a pretty amazing piece of technology for a bedroom. Literally just these and a mobile phone to control it and you’ve got a whole system.

I’ve got a pair of Dynaudio XD20s that I picked up second hand. They are quite nice but I’ve still got a streaming amplifier as a source running out the pre-outs to the XD20s.

An all in one solution would be great as my wife is an interior designer :p

nocrapman

^must be a big bedroom for the 50’s!
These are a pretty amazing piece of technology for a bedroom. Literally just these and a mobile phone to control it and you’ve got a whole system.

I’ve got a pair of Dynaudio XD20s that I picked up second hand. They are quite nice but I’ve still got a streaming amplifier as a source running out the pre-outs to the XD20s.

An all in one solution would be great as my wife is an interior designer :p
Debating between the Focus 30s and 50s.
Price difference is not huge.
Room is big but would be fine with either.
Keen to get rid of a giant butler amp/DAC/streamer - keep it simple at least in one setup.

bodhi

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The 50s would be better for action movies or some huge mansion living room. But then again, why not? :D

lowkeyoperations

This was an informative review about the various parts inside the Focus 10.

Top Bottom