• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dynaco A25

Lionheart-UK

I have a pair of the unusual three-way Dynaco A25 MkII's, I read somewhere years ago they were a limited run to the UK to get around some dodgy tax laws of the era, I use them with a Marantz 2230 and they give me the sound I wanted in my vintage set up.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
The A70 was a nice loudspeaker (both the original morph and Mark II).

P1010012.jpg

(prior to refoaming ;) )

SwampYankee

I still enjoy listening to my pair of Boston Acoustics A70 Mk II speakers. Purchased in 1991.

This ~24" tall, ~9" deep, ~11" wide design seems to be a kind of sweet spot for modest cost, acoustic suspension speakers. You'd think one of the speaker "kit" companies would have a version. Maybe with the success of Wharfedale Linton, KLH Model 5, etc they will appear in the next few years.
Human Speakers in New Hampshire has raw drivers and kits that are based on the later EPI/Epicure designs. They are the only vendor I know offering woofers with appropriate thiele/small parameters for classic acoustic suspension enclosures. These aren't everyone's cup of tea, but it makes me happy someone is still catering to the niche.

Human Speakers Model 81

Top Bottom