• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Douk Audio P1PLUS is coming!--Strange or Amazing?

OP
Douk Audio

Douk Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Hi, thank you for letting me know this. This is my first post, I am not familiar with these rules and may break some rules unintentionally, but I will definitely adapt as soon as possible! As for the knob position, maybe it is difficult to be changed caused the circuit is confirmed.. :(
I have absolutely no use for it but I think it looks pretty cool. Put the knobs on the front and take my money....

Welcome to ASR, don't be alarmed when a moderator comes along and informs you, as a dealer/manufacturer, you post will be moved to a different part of the forum. Rest assured your presence is welcome here though!

OP
Douk Audio

Douk Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Well, the cosmetics are refreshingly strange different amazing! :)
Welcome to @Douk Audio!
I feel that I may have many, many questions -- not just about this product.
E.g., maybe this one. :)

or was it this one?

or... maybe... something else. ;)
Hi, they all look amazing, right? ;) Welcome your questions and suggestions!

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
'amazingly strange'

the whole thing looks wacky.... the VU meter on a pole, the who aesthetic looks arch for its own sake

i'd love to see how it measures because i feel like that's 2ndary to its primary purpose ie. to look weird

but this place is known to be very conservative on that

OP
Douk Audio

Douk Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
I would never buy this. Tubes, and the look is just...crazy.
I agree with you! Really crazy but also interesting from my point of view ;)

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
one question i have....

I assume this SA9137L is the USB input controller and it accepts 32/384

it then passes it to the DAC ES9018K2M which is 24/192

and so what happens to the signal if it goes from 32/384 to 24/192?

my assumption is everything passes thru the ES9018K2M except the two analog inputs?

or does everything go thru the ES9018K2M?

OP
Douk Audio

Douk Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Oh, a legitimate question for @Douk Audio.
Can you help us with the pronunciation - for, say, English speakers - of Douk?

Is it analogous to the English word duke, for example? Or perhaps it rhymes with the English word soak?

We used to have a couple of housecats like that. ;)
Hi, we have been asked this question many times. In fact, this is a transliteration from Chinese. We usually pronounce it as /duːk/. We originally chose this Chinese name because we hope that our products can be used and our brand can also be recognized by more customers. :)

dlovesmusic

one question i have....

my assumption is everything passes thru the ES9018K2M except the two analog inputs?

ESS9018K2M does support 32/384 and dsd256 I think

OP
Douk Audio

Douk Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
one question i have....

Hi Tony, USB input goes through SA9137L and then ES9018K2M, and optical and coaxial just go through ES9018K2M and then they go through the analog parts. The analog audio inputs won't go through these two chips.

OP
Douk Audio

Douk Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor

Attachments

• ES9018K2M.png
    ES9018K2M.png
    270 KB · Views: 22

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Greetings all friends here,

We are the Douk Audio Team, one audio company in China. We are so excited and happy to be here, not only to share our new item P1PLUS with you, but also to collect all your feedback and suggestions on our products in the future.
Some of you may have heard of us before since some audio products designed by us that were reviewed by Amir in ASR. We have read them carefully, deeply know that we still have many shortcomings, and we are also very grateful to the audiosciencereview forum for allowing us to discover and improve them.
In the past, our product development department has been obsessed with designing products based on their own judgment, ignoring the actual needs and user experience of the users. In 2024, we are going to launch many new audio products, and we sincerely want to invite all members here to give us some feedback and advice to shape new items together. Thank you all!

P1PLUS is the latest DAC preamp with headphone amplifier, support multiple audio inputs and outputs also with remote control; besides JAN5654 tubes, adopted high-end chipset to support DSD256 playback; In addition, the VU meter is pluggable!

Here is some information about our P1 PLUS.
Audio input: Bluetooth / Coaxial / Optical / Stereo RCA / 3.5mm AUX
Audio output: Optical / Stereo RCA / 3.5mm AUX
Chipset: QCC5125+SA9137L+ES9018K2M+TPA6120
Max. Sampling rate USB supported: PCM 384KHz/32Bit / DSD256
Max. Sampling rate Coaxial/Optical supported: PCM 192KHz/24Bit
Operating systems PC-USB supported: W7/W8/W10//Win11/MAC/Linux
strangely stunning!!!

Kimbrough Xu

I have absolutely no use for it but I think it looks pretty cool. Put the knobs on the front and take my money....

Welcome to ASR, don't be alarmed when a moderator comes along and informs you, as a dealer/manufacturer, you post will be moved to a different part of the forum. Rest assured your presence is welcome here though!
Why dont you like the knobs on the top? I think they are more convenient on the top than on the front.

OP
Douk Audio

Douk Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
So happy that our first post got many greetings and opinions from all of you.
Recently, when we did the final test of the P1PLUS, we found that the VU meter will not be sensitive enough and the pointer won't swing obviously if the input signal is relatively low. We know this is a big problem for some audiophiles, so we decided to fix this via adding sensitivity adjustment function of the VU meter. Now all VU meters are returned and waiting for modification, the release date of the P1PLUS will be delayed.
Any updates I will post in time, thank you for your attention. ❤️

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
So happy that our first post got many greetings and opinions from all of you.
Recently, when we did the final test of the P1PLUS, we found that the VU meter will not be sensitive enough and the pointer won't swing obviously if the input signal is relatively low. We know this is a big problem for some audiophiles, so we decided to fix this via adding sensitivity adjustment function of the VU meter. Now all VU meters are returned and waiting for modification, the release date of the P1PLUS will be delayed.
Any updates I will post in time, thank you for your attention. ❤️
@Douk Audio
This is an amazing community, never disappoints anyone.
Indulge here more and you will surely be offered with great suggestions, support and feedback.

egellings

Major Contributor
Greetings all friends here,

We are the Douk Audio Team, one audio company in China. We are so excited and happy to be here, not only to share our new item P1PLUS with you, but also to collect all your feedback and suggestions on our products in the future.
Some of you may have heard of us before since some audio products designed by us that were reviewed by Amir in ASR. We have read them carefully, deeply know that we still have many shortcomings, and we are also very grateful to the audiosciencereview forum for allowing us to discover and improve them.
In the past, our product development department has been obsessed with designing products based on their own judgment, ignoring the actual needs and user experience of the users. In 2024, we are going to launch many new audio products, and we sincerely want to invite all members here to give us some feedback and advice to shape new items together. Thank you all!

P1PLUS is the latest DAC preamp with headphone amplifier, support multiple audio inputs and outputs also with remote control; besides JAN5654 tubes, adopted high-end chipset to support DSD256 playback; In addition, the VU meter is pluggable!

Here is some information about our P1 PLUS.
Audio input: Bluetooth / Coaxial / Optical / Stereo RCA / 3.5mm AUX
Audio output: Optical / Stereo RCA / 3.5mm AUX
Chipset: QCC5125+SA9137L+ES9018K2M+TPA6120
Max. Sampling rate USB supported: PCM 384KHz/32Bit / DSD256
Max. Sampling rate Coaxial/Optical supported: PCM 192KHz/24Bit
Operating systems PC-USB supported: W7/W8/W10//Win11/MAC/Linux
Like that steampunk-looking meter on there.

Top Bottom