• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

does it worth to move from room EQ with DBX PA2 to EQ with Audissey XT32?.

Amateur2020

Hello,
First I would like to thank Amir for starting and managing the forum and thank all of you for making it such a nice place. I introduced EQ in my system with DBX PA2, after reading Amir's XT32 review I saw that PA2 only corrects in frequency domain and not in time domain and I am thinking if I am loosing something important. That's why I would like your advise in the following question: does it worth to move from EQ via DBX PA2 to EQ by Audissey XT32?.
I invoque your knowledge to see if,
- as I can't loan an XT32 device to compare myself
- as my budget is 1.000 €
- as other options like minidsp are not considered due to my low technical capacities
which is the best way to improve?
- upgrading to DBX venu360 again with no time domain correction but with more PEQs
- changing to Audissey XT32 by a DENON AVX x3700h
- changing to lyngdorf room EQ with a TDAI 1120 (is 2.000 € , it will take me more time but if it works...)
- stay as it is because time domain correction is not so important

Thank you very much.

PD: I apologize for my bad english

OP
A

Amateur2020

Hello,
Maybe too many questions together so at the end, does it worth to move from a frequency domain correction EQ like Harman DBX PA2 to a frequency + time domains correction like Audyssey XT32 or Lyngdorf room perfect?.
Thank you

OP
A

Amateur2020

Hello,
Thanks for your reply. It is stereo 2.2, 2 x DALI Zensor 5 + 2 x MIVOC hype 10g2 subwoofers. I am happy with that. THe idea is if it worths the eq upgrade for other system which also deals with time domain. I don't know which impact will it have in a room and it is an expensive test for me.

Top Bottom